3/15/2018

Plum twist

So many ideas and so little time.


What: Plum twist / Own pattern
How: Circular needle 3.25 mm
From: Madelinetosh Twist Light, 242 g
Ravelryssa

Once again, I had an idea for a cardigan. It often happens that the plans I have for a yarn when buying it are totally different from what it actually becomes on my needles. Some year ago, I bought these lovely pink skeins of Madelinetosh, thinking I would knit Hitofude. Except then I ran into a gorgeous forest green Hitofude on Ravelry and couldn't imagine making one in pink anymore. The plans changed a few times over the years until finally, the skeins ended up in my own cardigan design. The only thing left from my original plan was that I knitted lace with them.



The cardigan is worked seamlessly top down. It features set-in sleeves that are worked at the same time with the body till underarms - the same sleeve construction as in Uan or Soulful. The sleeves are 3/4 length and have garter stitch at the cuff. The hem, button bands and neckline are also garter stitch. This is a lovely basic cardigan but with a twist in the back.



The lace in Plum twist is fun, kind of ribbed. The pattern is made up of simple decreases and yarn overs. After a while, it's easilly memorized. I was trying out a more ambitious lace but after fighting with it for a couple of hours I realized it wasn't a good idea. If I lost my cool with it already in the beginning, who else would ever want to give it a try? This simpler lace was much more relaxing.



The cardigan is slim fitted so if you want a more relaxed look , choose a size with a little positive ease at the bust. There are nine sizes: XXS-XS-S [M1-M2-L1] L2-XL-XXL. Mine is M2 on a 38'' bust.


This was my first time working with Madelinetosh Twist Light. This type of a twist is my favorite and the yarn was so soft. I liked it a lot. It was also a very light yarn choice, making for a perfect spring cardi. Now, I just need this snow to go away. The skeins were from the same dye lot but were a bit different and actually accidentally made a little fade with the top part being lighter than the hem. A happy accident indeed!



You can buy the pattern by clicking the link or from Ravelry. On Ravelry, you can get 20 % off the price with the code PlumSPRING if you buy the pattern by the end of the week.

1 comment: